Marchesa, the Black Rose EDH
Marchesa, The Black Rose is a general that has some incredible abilities, her three abilities are:
• Dethrone – Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most life or tied for most life, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
• Other creatures you control have dethrone.
• Whenever a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it dies, return that card to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of the next end step.
These three abilities synergize beautifully with the following abilities:
• ETB +1/+1
• Sacrifice Engines
• Abilities that require you to pay with life
With that in mind my initial deck construction will focus around them.
The way to play this general is simple.
• Use your life total as a resource.
• Capitalize on her third ability.
To address the first form of play we have incorporated many cards like [magic]Greed[/magic], [magic]Necropotence[/magic], and [magic]Phyrexian Reclamation[/magic]. These cards allows me to continue to trigger the Dethrone on all creatures when attacking.
To capitalize on her third ability I wanted to have a good deal of creatures that already come into play with +1/+1 counters like modular, undying and graft.
Here is my first deck list with the newly spoiled general!